Home NFL Draft NFL Notes: Draft, Louis Riddick, Daniel Jeremiah, Adam Silver
- Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst has East Carolina LT D’Ante Smith graded as a seventh-round prospect in the 2020 NFL Draft and can see him moving to guard at the next level.
- Pauline expects Houston RT Jarrid Williams to be a fifth-round prospect, S Deontay Anderson and OLB Leroy Godfrey to be sixth-rounders, and OL Josh Jones to go in round six or seven.
- Regarding Jones, Pauline believes he’ll likely play guard in the NFL, despite working as Houston’s left tackle.
Louis Riddick & Daniel Jeremiah
- The Athletic’s Lindsay Jones mentions ESPN’s Louis Riddick and NFL Media’s Daniel Jeremiah as members of the media the NFL is interested in hiring for front office roles.
- Jones adds that ESPN analyst and former QB Dan Orlovsky would be an excellent coaching candidate.
- The Athletic’s Lindsay Jones writes she doesn’t expect NBA commissioner Adam Silver to have any interest in potentially replacing NFL commissioner Roger Goodell when Goodell’s contract expires in 2023, as Silver already runs a more progressive league with more growth potential.
- Back in February, Ramona Shelburne of ESPN reported that several NFL owners have approached Silver about the possibility of replacing Goodell as commissioner. Shelburne added that NFL owners have tried to persuade Silver to run their league over the course of his five years as the NBA’s commissioner. However, Silver has said that he hasn’t “given any thought” to the idea of leaving the NBA.