Redskins QB Kirk Cousins discussed his future during an interview with Pro Football Talk on Tuesday. Here are some highlights from the interview courtesy of JP Finlay.
- Cousins indicated that he won’t do anything contract wise until the deadline to franchise players, saying: “Let the Redskins do what they want to do” (JP Finlay)
- According to Cousins, his agent, Mike McCartney, has told him that if the Redskins franchise him for a third time, “you play on it.” (JP Finlay)
- Cousins did, however, say that money “isn’t only thing” that will factor into his decision. (JP Finlay)
- Regarding quarterbacks who have set the top of the market in terms of salaries, Cousins said: “What I’ve learned is that QBs that sign at the top of the market, they’re quickly outpaced.” (JP Finlay)
- Cousins also admitted that it’s possible he’ll be playing for another team next year, depending on how things play out in the coming months. (JP Finlay)
- Cousins said that former Redskins GM Scot McCloughan told him that he didn’t view him as a special player and while McCloughan liked him, he “didn’t want to overpay.” (JP Finlay)
We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
Former Arkansas HC Bret Bielema tells Andy Staples of SI.com that “about a half dozen” NFL teams have reached out to him about coaching in the pro ranks and it’s something he’s considering.
Bielema has also discussed some college analyst jobs with networks, but he sounds like he’s ready to get back to coaching.
“I had a morning last week where I had to drop the dogs off to get groomed, pick up a UPS package, make a stop at the pharmacist to pick up a prescription for my daughter and pick the dogs back up,” said Bielema. “I said ‘I need to get back into coaching pretty quick. This is getting to be too much.’”
- Alex Marvez reports that Kirby Wilson is considered a strong candidate to return as the Cardinals’ RBs coach under Steve Wilks.
- Alex Marvez reports that the Giants are hiring Hal Hunter as their new offensive line coach.