Veteran OL Kraig Urbik announced via his Twitter account that he’s retiring from the NFL.
— Kraig Urbik (@kraigurbik) March 8, 2018
- According to Albert Breer, the Chiefs are a team worth keeping an eye on for Patriots free agent WR Danny Amendola, who should have a “pretty decent market.”
- Breer reports that the Vikings previously kicked around the idea of trading for QB A.J. McCarron just before Teddy Bridgewater suffered a serious knee injury in 2016.
- Breer mentions that Broncos GM John Elway called the Rams a few years ago about a possible deal for QB Case Keenum.
- Breer thinks Keenum is more likely to end with the Broncos than McCarron signing with the Vikings, but it’s something to file away.
- Regarding McCarron, Breer says that the “widespread perception” continues to be that he will end up signing with the Browns, who could also draft a quarterback.
- Breer tosses out the Broncos and Texans as two teams who could use a left tackle like Patriots free agent Nate Solder.
- According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins have interest in impending free-agent tight ends Ed Dickson of the Panthers, and Trey Burton of the Eagles.
- Regarding Burton, Jackson admits he isn’t sure whether the Dolphins have the cap space or interest in bidding necessary enough to sign him.
- Jackson would be surprised if the Dolphins made a run at Jimmy Graham, but he mentions the Jets’ Austin Seferian-Jenkins and the Bengals’ Tyler Eifert as two free agents who would be capable of starting for Miami.
- Jackson writes that the Dolphins are “reluctant” to sign a high-priced replacement for LB Lawrence Timmons, who is expected to be released, but he seems to think Avery Williamson, Ramon Humber or Sam Acho could fall into their price range.