- USC QB Sam Darnold said on NFL Live that he met with the Giants on Monday and with the Browns on Tuesday. Although Darnold said he is “intrigued” by the Giants, Jeff Darlington says there’s an “overwhelming sense” is that the quarterback prospect will be drafted No. 1 overall.
- Following Darnold’s Pro Day, an AFC executive texted Albert Breer saying: “He’s going number one. Everyone out there today saw the Browns’ franchise quarterback.”
- Mike Klis reports that the Broncos set their Western regional scout to observe Darnold at his Pro Day on Wednesday, while he is also scheduled to have a private workout with the team in early April with GM John Elway, HC Vance Joseph, scout Brian Stark and executives Matt Russell and Gary Kubiak in attendance.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Giants are scheduled to meet with N.C. State DE Bradley Chubb in the next few weeks and previously worked him out.
- Stanford S Justin Reid said he has pre-draft visits scheduled with the Lions, Eagles, Steelers, Panthers, Seahawks and Vikings. (Eric Branch)
- Georgia LB Roquan Smith spent time with Falcons LBs coach Jeff Ulbrich on Wednesday. (Vaughn McClure)
- Pittsburgh WR/KR Quadree Henderson has a visit lined up with the Steelers on Friday. (Aaron Wilson)
- FSU DL Jalen Wilkerson has a private workout scheduled with the Buccaneers Thursday. (Joe Marino)
- The Chargers are working out Vanderbilt CB Tre Herndon privately Saturday morning. (Aaron Wilson)
- FIU QB Alex McGough has workouts scheduled with the Texans, Dolphins and Buccaneers. (Joey Knight)
- UNC OL R.J. Prince will work out privately for the Panthers on April 6. (Aaron Wilson)
USC QB Sam Darnold said he would be excited to be drafted No. 1 overall by the Browns and believes the team has a lot of potential after making several moves this offseason.
“It’d be awesome to go No. 1, just because I think what the Browns are doing is really good right now and I think they have potential to be a really good team in the future,” Darnold, via Mary Kay Cabot. “Just based on that, yeah, a part of me really wants to go 1. But at the same time, if they don’t want me and they don’t pick me, that’s the best situation. Because I don’t want to go to a team that doesn’t want me.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Texans hosted a private workout on Wednesday for Louisville QB Lamar Jackson.
- According to Rapoport, the Texans want to be prepared for any and all scenarios on draft week, even the unlikely event Jackson end up being available to them.