Odell Beckham Jr
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY reports that the Giants are not shopping WR Odell Beckham Jr in trade talks, but they will listen if other teams call about him.
- Vacchiano admits that New York would need to be “overwhelmed” by an offer to trade Beckham and the likely starting point is a first-round along with “something else of high value” such as a second first-round selection.
- According to Vacchiano, the chances of the Giants getting this offer for Beckham aren’t great, but “they’re not as locked into his future as they were the day he signed his contract, so they’re open to being overwhelmed in a potential deal.“
- Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that free agent S Earl Thomas is looking to become the highest-paid safety in the NFL and wants a contract worth more than the $13 million per year.
- According to Hill, Thomas won’t be giving the Cowboys a “hometown discount,” despite his obvious interest in playing for them.
- Mike Garafolo hears that it’s definitely not a foregone conclusion Thomas will be a Cowboy and there will be a bunch of teams in play. According to Garafolo, the money is going to be big for Thomas.