Gase is currently a hot head-coaching candidate who has a second interview lined up with the Eagles and interest from the Giants, Browns and Dolphins.
Getlin wonders if Gase could try to make a run at Osweiler in free agency.
The Dolphins appear to be committed to Ryan Tannehill and the Giants have Eli Manning in place which rules out those possibilities. The Browns will be looking to sign a quarterback or draft one and the Eagles could let Sam Bradford depart in free agency, so they’re at least remote possibilities.
Of course, the Broncos could always lock him up to an extension or even franchise Osweiler to prevent him testing the open market.
- Albert Breer reports that the Rams, Raiders and Chargers are all in New York today to meet with the L.A., finance, and stadium committees regarding relocating to Los Angeles.
- According to Breer, while the L.A. Coliseum is likely a temporary site for an NFL moving to Los Angeles, it has only committed to hosting one team, which means the NFL would need a second site if two teams make the move.
- Mike Wells of ESPN writes that it would not be surprising to see impending free agent TE Dwayne Allen depart in free agency.
- Wells gives LB Jerrell Freeman and TE Coby Fleener 70 percent chances of returning to the Colts in 2016.
- Veteran K Adam Vinatieri has said that he would like to continue his career as long as he can produce, and Wells seems to think his return is likely.
- Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said that an extension for HC Gus Bradley, who will be entering the final year of his contract, isn’t in the immediate future. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- Caldwell said the Jaguars will stick with their 4-3 scheme, but they could make some adjustments next season.
- Aditi Kinkhabwala reports that Steelers RB DeAngelo Williams (ankle) remains in a walking boot as of Wednesday and did not participate in practice.