Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Peyton Manning, Browns, Buccaneers, Colts, & Giants
NFL Notes: Peyton Manning, Browns, Buccaneers, Colts, & Giants
- Alex Marvez mentions that Broncos QB Peyton Manning would receive $2 million by wining the AFC Championship and another $2 million if Denver was to win the Super Bowl.
- Bruce Feldman reports that Browns QBs coach Kevin O’Connell isn’t being retained.
- Instead, new Browns HC Hue Jackson is expected to bring in his own guy.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports the Buccaneers OC Dirk Koetter has been telling people around the league that he will be getting the head-coaching job in Tampa Bay.
- Cole mentions that Koetter wants to keep a lot of Buccaneers’ assistant coaches on his staff, which is why he’s reaching out to them.
- According to Cole, Koetter is likely to open up the offense even more next year, assuming he is in fact hired as their next head coach.
- The Colts named Jim Herrmann their new LBs coach and Darren Krein head strength and conditioning coach. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Colts also announced that OL coach Hal Hunter won’t be back with the team. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the Giants had to move quickly to hire Ben McAdoo after the Browns elected to bring in Hue Jackson as their next head coach.
- According to Cole, the most important issue from the Giants’ perspective was maintaining some consistency for QB Eli Manning, who has spent the past two years in McAdoo’s system.
- Cole adds that there are still some concerns about whether he can handle the entire locker room, and not just the offensive side of the ball.
Tags Ben McAdoo Darren Krein Dirk Koetter Eli Manning Hal Hunter Hue Jackson Jim Herrmann Kevin O'Connell Peyton Manning