Home 49ers NFL Rumors: Draft, 49ers, Dolphins, Redskins, & Texans
- Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball.com reports that Clemson CB Mackensie Alexander had formal interviews with the Rams, Raiders, Steelers, Chiefs, and Colts.
- According to Campbell, the Browns reportedly like Clemson DEs Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd, and both players could be in play for them at No. 32 overall. However, Campbell adds that the Browns believe neither player may still be on the board at this point.
- Tony Pauline reports that the number of official visits for Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche has increased from 15 to 19.
- Matt Barrows mentions that the 49ers will most likely target offensive upgrades in free agency and address their defense in the draft.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk confirms reports that the Redskins are leaning towards using their transition tag on QB Kirk Cousins.
- In fact, Florio’s source added that Cousins’ agent, Mike McCartney, has begun the process of determining whether he’ll be able to find a team willing to sign Cousins to an offer sheet.
- According to Tania Ganguli, the Texans met formally with QBs Jared Goff, Christian Hackenberg, Paxton Lynch, Carson Wentz and Connor Cook at the combine last week.