- Ian Rapoport reports that the Broncos and OLB Von Miller have discussed a long-term extension recently and plan to continue doing so today. However, they’re on the clock to get a deal done before the franchise tag deadline that is at 4pm EST today.
- Rapoport adds that the Broncos and Miller’s reps have shown a commitment to getting a deal done, but it will likely take more than the six-year, $101 million deal signed by Chiefs OLB Justin Houston.
- As of now, they aren’t believed to be close to an agreement.
- Mike Garafolo mentions that Rams DE Williams Hayes could come close to doubling the $10.25 million contract he signed back in 2013.
- Jason Cole adds that Hayes is currently in “high demand.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Rams aren’t just looking to extend the contract of HC Jeff Fisher, but they’re also to do so the same for GM Les Snead.
- Alex Marvez reports that the Rams have moved assistant LBs coach Joe Bowden to assistant special teams coach.
Ravens veteran WR Steve Smith (Achilles’) said he expects to be ready for the start of the 2016 season.