According to Tom Pelissero of USA Today, Packers executive Eliot Wolf will be among the candidates invited to Atlanta next week to interview with Kyle Shanahan.
- Ian Rapoport adds that Packers executive Brian Gutekunst and executive George Paton will also get follow-up interviews for the GM position.
- Matt Barrows reports that Cardinals executive Terry McDonough is still being considered for the job, but no second interview has been scheduled as of now.
The 49ers will reportedly bring in a handful of GM candidates to meet with Shanahan, who will reportedly be accepting the 49ers’ head-coaching job after the Falcons’ season is over.
Last night, Mike Silver reported that Shanahan will essentially get to pick the team’s next general manager from the available list of candidates, but Gutekunst is considered to be the favorite.
The full list of GM candidates for the 49ers’ position include:
- Vikings assistant GM George Paton
- Colts vice president of football operations Jimmy Raye III
- Packers executive Eliot Wolf
- Packers Director of college scouting Brian Gutekunst
- ESPN analyst Louis Riddick
- Seahawks executive Scott Fitterer
- Cardinals VP of player personnel Terry McDonough
- Panthers assistant GM Brandon Beane
We’ll have more regarding the 49ers’ GM position as the news is available.