Home / 49ers / 49ers “Open For Business” At No. 2 Overall

49ers “Open For Business” At No. 2 Overall

49ers GM John Lynch confirmed reports that they willing to trade out of the No. 2 overall pick on Wednesday and have spoken to some teams.

“We’re open for business,” Lynch said, via CSN Bay Area. “We’ll listen to anything. I’ve always said, you don’t like being at 2-14, but you like having the second pick. It puts you in the driver’s seat. A lot of options at your disposal and we’ll explore every single one of them.

According to Mike Garafolo, this has been the worst kept secret in the NFL and the 49ers are willing to move out the No. 2 spot for the right price.

Earlier in the day, Mike Freeman mentioned that he has spoken to a source who told him that San Francisco wants to trade out of the No. 2 pick “pretty bad.” However, the issue for San Francisco is the fact that everyone is aware of this and there isn’t a consensus No. 2 player in this year’s draft class.

As of now, Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett is widely expected to be the first overall player to come off the board, despite some recent buzz that the Browns are also considering UNC QB Mitch Trubisky at No. 1 overall.

If the 49ers are able to trade back in pick up some more picks in the process, there has been talk that LSU RB Leonard Fournette and Alabama LB Reuben Foster are two players to watch for them.

For what it’s worth, we have the 49ers taking Stanford DE Solomon Thomas in the First Round of our 2017 NFL Mock Draft.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz