Home Bills AFC East Notes: LeSean McCoy, Bills, Jets
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy was asked Thursday about the trade rumors that have mentioned a possible return to the Eagles: “I’m not going to get into that. That’s for my agent and the guys upstairs to work that out.” (Andrew Siciliano)
- McCoy added: “I don’t pay attention to all the talk about a trade. I’m focused on my teammates in Buffalo and the Houston Texans.”
- Bills HC Sean McDermott was about the trade rumors involving RB LeSean McCoy and said: “LeSean is one of our better players. We get calls all the time. Incoming calls happen all the time. [General manager] Brandon [Beane] and I talk a lot. I won’t get into any more detail than that.”
- According to McDermott, the signing of Derek Anderson doesn’t impact Nathan Peterman‘s status as their No. 2 quarterback: “This doesn’t change Nate’s status on our football team.” (Joe Buscaglia)
- McDermott added that he’s “very comfortable” keeping three quarterbacks on their active roster. (Mike Rodak)
- Mike Garafolo reports that there’s optimism regarding Jets DC Kacy Rodgers, who is away from the team and dealing with a serious health issue.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said that Rodgers is in good spirits after getting more tests this week and they will know more next week about his status. According to Bowles, there’s still a “small chance” that Rodgers will coach this weekend. (Manish Mehta)
- Field Yates reports that the Jets recently increased C Nico Falah’s salary after a team tried to sign him off of their practice squad.