- Sources tell ESPN’s Adam Schefter that if the Bills cut QB Tyrod Taylor before the third day of the 2017 league year, Taylor would walk away from the deal only being paid $9.5 million for the 2016 season.
- Joe Buscaglia of WKBW expects RT Seantrel Henderson (Crohn’s disease) to open the 2016 season on the NFI list.
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak announced Saturday that WR Bennie Fowler has a “small fracture” in his elbow and will miss a few weeks. (Jeff Legwold)
- Mike Klis of 9News mentions that first-round QB Paxton Lynch received the occasional first-team rep during practice on Saturday.
- According to Mark Dominik of ESPN, the Jaguars are deep enough in regards to their defensive line and at tight that they’re hoping to trade some of their depth after the preseason.
- Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle says that with his strong performance on Friday, QB Matt McGloin has a “viselike grip” on the backup quarterback job ahead of rookie Connor Cook.
- Tafur also writes that rookie RB DeAndre Washington has a “leg up” on Jalen Richard for the backup running back spot behind starter Latavius Murray.