AFC Notes: Broncos, Browns, Ravens
- Tony Pauline reported that Broncos rookie DL Lowell Lotulelei is retiring from the NFL and is hoping to get into coaching.
- According to Mike Klis, Lotulelei returned his $15,000 signing bonus he received as part of his contract with the Broncos.
- Klis mentions that Lotulelei probably had the clearest path towards making the 53-man roster among the Broncos’ undrafted signings, but it’s clear that his heart wasn’t in it.
- Scott Petrak mentions that much of the focus surrounding the Browns will be centered around when No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield surpasses Tyrod Taylor as the team’s starting quarterback.
- Petrak believes there’s a “50-50” chance of Mayfield starting Week 1, but it’s much more likely he’ll take over for Taylor midseason.
- Petrak notes that DB Briean Boddy-Calhoun‘s future with the team is uncertain since the Browns signed several defensive backs this offseason.
- Ravens free agent OL Crockett Gilmore underwent another knee surgery this offseason, which may explain why he has yet to sign with a team, according to Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun.
- Zrebiec adds that the Ravens still seem inclined to give Gillmore a look along the offensive line, but his signing would hinge on his ability to pass a physical and prove he’s healthy again.
- Zrebiec believes the Ravens should explore the possibility of trading for Lions RB Ameer Abdullah if he ends up on the trading block this summer and Detroit is willing to part with him for a Day 3 draft pick.
- Zrebiec would be surprised if the Ravens allowed LB C.J. Mosley to play out the final year of his contract and come close to testing the free agent market.
- As for some players who could be on the roster bubble this summer, Zrebiec lists Breshad Perriman, Maxx Williams, Bronson Kaufusi and Kamalei Correa.
Tags Ameer Abdullah Baker Mayfield Breshad Perriman Briean Boddy-Calhoun Bronson Kaufusi C.J. Mosley Crockett Gilmore Kamalei Correa Lowell Lotulelei Maxx Williams Tyrod Taylor