AFC Notes: Broncos, Colts Raiders
- According to Mike Garafolo, the Broncos are “hopeful” that backup QB Paxton Lynch will continue to improve this season and the arrival of Case Keenum has helped Lynch recognize the daily duties of a starting quarterback.
- Garafolo mentions that Keenum does not have any guaranteed money past 2018 and it’s at least possible Lynch could push Keenum out of the starting job if he shows considerable progression this year.
- Colts GM Chris Ballard said Tuesday RB Marlon Mack played his entire rookie season with a torn labrum and recently underwent shoulder surgery. He is expected to be fully recovered by training camp. (Alex Marvez)
- Mike Freeman of B/R, citing a team source, reports that Jon Gruden has “effectively replaced Reggie McKenzie as the GM” in Oakland.
- Freeman says that while this isn’t surprising, given the fact that owner Mark Davis signed him to a 10-year, $100 million contract, what has caught those within the Raiders’ organization off guard is the scope and speed of the takeover.
- Freeman also confirms the report that there’s talk Redskins president Bruce Allen is interested in returning to the Raiders, even though he recently denied this.
Tags Bruce Allen Case Keenum Chris Ballard Jon Gruden Mark Davis Marlon Mack Paxton Lynch Reggie McKenzie