- Ryan O’Halloran writes that taking a right tackle at No. 29 overall should be in play for the Jaguars, but only if Notre Dame’s Mike McGlinchey falls to them.
- Should Florida State pass rusher Josh Sweat fall to the Jaguars in round two, O’Halloran believes Jacksonville should consider him as an eventual replacement for Dante Fowler.
- As for the quarterback position, O’Halloran says that the longer the Jaguars wait to find a backup, the more likely it is they select one in the first or second day of the draft.
- Scott Bair of NBC Bay Area mentions that defensive tackle, linebacker and cornerback remain a focus for the Raiders to address this offseason.
- Bair can see the Raiders taking a player at either of these positions at No. 10 overall with Vita Vea, Maurice Hurst, Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Denzel Ward and Minkah Fitzpatrick all being possibilities.
- According to Bair, the Raiders were hoping to re-sign veteran LB NaVorro Bowman before the start of free agency. However, it’s clear that Bowman has a certain figure in mind and the Raiders aren’t willing to offer him that much as of now.
- Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said Sunday that extending QB Ben Roethlisberger this offseason is still an option.
- According to Colbert, they may not be done in free agency and it may ultimately depend on whether someone unexpectedly becomes available. (Mark Kaboly)
- While Colbert didn’t offer an update regarding whether they’ll pick up OLB Bud Dupree‘s fifth-year option, he seemed open to the possibility: “I think Bud is just scratching the surface to what he can be. There’s more I think bud wants to get out of himself and we want to get out of Bud.” (Jeremy Fowler)
- Colbert said that they believe Cameron Sutton can play corner, nickel and maybe even return punts for them this year, but didn’t mention the possibility of him playing safety. (Mark Kaboly)
- Colbert also mentioned that they could extend LB Ryan Shazier‘s contract if they wanted to, but he admitted that this would be “far down the road.” (Mark Kaboly)