The Buffalo Bills announced that they’ve placed WR Percy Harvin on the reserve/non-football injury list Monday, officially ending his 2016 season.
According to the Bills, Harvin was once again experiencing “severe” migraines, which had been something he’s dealt with throughout his career.
“He was doing whatever he could to try to play, but I don’t know if that was in his best interest,” said HC Rex Ryan. “We were trying to make sure he’s well.”
Harvin previously told reporters (via Mike Rodak) that he was feeling so good that he would be interested in continuing his NFL career for “several” more seasons. However, we’ll have to see if this is it for him.
Harvin, 28, is a former first-round pick of the Vikings back in 2009. He spent four years in Minnesota before he was traded to the Seahawks. After an injury filled 2013 season, the Seahawks once again traded him, this time to the Jets.
Harvin signed a one-year, $6 million contract with the Bills back in March of last year after the Jets cut him loose, but his agreement officially voided earlier in the year making him an unrestricted free agent.
Harvin informed the Bills back in April that he was retiring from the NFL, due to knee and hip injuries. However, the Bills elected to bring him back a few weeks ago.
In 2016, Harvin appeared in two games for the Bills and caught two passes for six yards receiving and no touchdowns.