Mike Klis of 9 News reports that the Broncos have fired special teams coordinator Brock Olivo on Monday.
- Denver has also parted ways with WRs coach Tyke Tolbert, according to Klis.
- Nicki Jhabvala reports that the Broncos have also parted ways with OL coach Jeff Davidson.
- Jhabvala also reports that the Broncos have fired assistant head coach/running backs Eric Studesville.
- The Broncos are expected to retain defensive coordinator Joe Woods, according to Jhabvala.
- Broncos OLB coach Fred Pagac has also been fired, according to Klis.
- Jhabvala reports that Denver has also fired assistant defensive backs coach Johnnie Lynn.
It was clear that changes were coming to the Broncos’ coaching staff, even if they elected to keep Vance Joseph in place as the team’s head coach, so this shouldn’t come as a big surprise.
One potential replacement for Olivo as special teams coordinator, according to Klis, is Carolina’s Thomas McGaughey.
Olivo, 41, began his NFL coaching career with the Chiefs as an assistant special teams coordinator in 2014. He spent three years in Kansas City before the Broncos hired him as their special teams coordinator last year.
We’ll have more regarding Broncos’ coaching changes as the news is available.