Here’s a running list of reports and rumors relating to the Browns coordinator positions now that they have officially hired Mike Pettine as their new head coach.
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that former Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan is still “very much in mix” for the Browns offensive coordinator position.
- Cabot adds that the Browns are getting closer to naming their offensive coordinator.
- Both Kyle Shanahan and Raiders QB coach John DeFilippo have interviewed for the offensive coordinator position this week.
- Albert Breer mentions Broncos RBs coach Eric Studesville as a name to keep an eye regarding the Browns offensive coordinator position.
- Breer adds that the Browns are reportedly having their coaching staff studying Redskins tape, which could be a sign that Kyle Shanahan could get the job.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Andy Moeller will be the Browns’ new offensive line coach.
- Ian Rapoport “would be surprised” to see the Browns hire former Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan as their new offensive coordinator position based on what he’s hearing.
- Cleveland considered the idea of adding Shanahan but have reportedly moved on, according to Rapoport.
- Ian Rapoport first reported that the Browns are in fact hiring former Titans OC Dowell Loggains.
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that Dowell Loggains will be the team’s new QBs coach and not their offensive coordinator as previously reported.
- Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland the Browns are interviewing former Titans OC Dowell Loggains for offensive coordinator vacancy on Thursday.
- The Bills announced that they have granted DL coach Anthony Weaver permission to interview with the Browns. (Update: 4:40 pm)
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Browns will also interview Raiders QB coach John DeFilippo for their offensive coordinator position on Thursday.
- Albert Breer first mentioned that DeFilippo could also be a candidate for the job.
- ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that former Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan has an interview scheduled with the Browns for their offensive coordinator job on Wednesday.
- John Keim of ESPN.com reports that the Browns are in talks with former Kyle Shanahan regarding their offensive coordinator vacancy.
- According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, other speculative candidates for the Browns offensive coordinator position could include:
- Bears QB coach Matt Cavanaugh
- 49ers QB coach George Chryst
- Steelers QB coach Randy Fichtner
- Ravens WR coach Jim Hostler
- Former UCLA HC Rick Neuheisel
- Dick Beck
- The Cleveland Browns officially announced the hiring of Bills LB coach Jim O’Neil will be departing for the Browns defensive coordinator position
- Bills HC Doug Marrone told reporters on Monday that “to the best of my knowledge,” LB coach Jim O’Neil will be departing for the Browns defensive coordinator position, per Mike Rodak. (Update: 2:50 pm)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Kyle Shanahan could be in the mix for the Browns offensive coordinator job.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Browns have received permission to interview Bills LB coach Jim O’Neil for their defensive coordinator position.
- Ian Rapoport reports that former Texans HC Gary Kubiak wanted more power over the Browns offense than Cleveland was willing to give him.
- According to Rapoport, Kubiak wanted to essentially be a pseudo-head coach.
- Former Titans OC Dowell Loggains is now in play for the Browns offensive coordinator job.
- Jason Cole tweets that Ravens OL coach Andy Moeller is a strong candidate for the Browns OL coach position. (Update: 2:40 pm)
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that LSU OC Cam Cameron and ex-Titans OC Dowell Loggains are both being considered for the Browns offensive coordinator job.
- Michael Bonnette reports that LSU OC Cam Cameron informed him that he is not leaving for the Browns OC position. (Update: 3:48 pm)
- Albert Breer reports that the Browns could target Cowboys current offensive coordinator Bill Callahan if Dallas does in fact hire Scott Linehan to be their new play caller.
- Breer adds that former-Titans OC Dowell Loggains could also be an option for Cleveland.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Buffalo Bills will have until Monday decide if they’ll allow Jim O’Neil to accept the Browns defensive coordinator position.
- Rapoport adds that should the Bills not allow him to take the job, Cleveland could turn their attention to Ravens LB coach Don Martindale.
- Ian Rapoport is “hearing” that the Browns have interest in former Texans HC Gary Kubiak regarding their offensive coordinator vacancy.
- Rapoport adds that this makes sense when you consider the rumors of the Browns having interest in signing Texans RB Ben Tate during free agency this year.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Browns “will make a run” at signing Gary Kubiak to be their offensive coordinator. (Update: 11:54 pm)
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Browns have submitted a request to interview Bills LB coach Jim O’Neil for their defensive coordinator vacancy. (Update: 5:10 pm)
- Jason La Canfora reports that Bills LB coach Jim O’Neil is expected to be a top candidate for the Browns defensive coordinator position.
- According to La Canfora, Browns special teams coach Chris Tabor is likely to remain with the team.
- La Canfora reports that although Packers RBs coach Alex Van Pelt was Pettine’s top target for offensive coordinator, he has elected to remain in Green Bay and will takeover as their quarterbacks coach.
- Ian Rapoport reports that former Titans assistant Gregg Williams is interested in joining Pettine’s staff.
We’ll have more updates as the news is available.