Home / Cowboys / Cowboys Confirm CB Morris Claiborne Is Done For The Season

Cowboys Confirm CB Morris Claiborne Is Done For The Season

Update:

Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones told reporters on Monday that former first-round pick CB Morris Claiborne is out for the season with a torn patellar tendon, per Desmond Purnell.

Claiborne, 24, still has two years remaining on his rookie contract with base salaries of $1,868,591 and $2,607,887 coming his way during this time. It seems highly unlikely that the Cowboys would elect to pick up his fifth-year option next year.

Claiborne’s 2014 season ends with him recording seven tackles, one interception and two pass defenses.n.

———-

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told reporters after Sunday night’s win over the Saints that they “initial diagnosis” regarding CB Morris Claiborne‘s knee injury is that he has a torn ACL, per Tim MacMahon.

  • Clainborne will undergo an MRI on Monday to confirm the severity of his injury.

This is potentially terrible news for the former No. 6 overall pick.

Earlier this week, the Cowboys informed Claiborne that he was being replaced in the starting lineup by Orlando Scandrick. According to reports, Claiborne did not take the news well and “stormed out of the facility.” Claiborne did, however, return later that night an apologized for his behavior.

We’ll have more updates regarding Claiborne’s injury as the news is available.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz