Home Cowboys Draft Rumors: Cowboys, Dolphins, Jets, Packers
- According to Tony Pauline, the Cowboys do not consider SMU WR Courtland Sutton to be a first-round talent, but they would consider him should he fall to them in round two.
- Sources tell Tony Pauline that if the Dolphins don’t trade up for a quarterback, they’re hoping to come away with Georgia LB Roquan Smith.
- Should a team like the Raiders end up taking Smith and Virginia Tech LB Tremaine Edmunds isn’t available, Miami is expected to consider Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch.
- Sources representing the top quarterbacks in this draft tell Tony Pauline that they expect Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield to end up with the Jets.
- In fact, one source tells Pauline that he believes Mayfield to the Jets is a “done deal.”
- According to Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com, people familiar with the situation believe the Packers are likely to select either Alabama DB Minkah Fitzpatrick or Iowa CB Josh Jackson at No. 14 overall.
- Pauline adds that Fitzpatrick and Jackson both fit the cornerback/safety hybrid mold the Packers are believed to prefer.
- Pauline says that Ohio State CB Denzel Ward is the player the Packers truly covet, but they’re unlikely to have a shot at him, barring a trade up.