Tony Pauline reports that Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory could still end up being selected in round one by a team like the Saints or the Patriots.
However, Pauline considers Gregory to be a second or third-round prospect based a number of concerns and expects him to be a day selection.
- Ross Jones of FOX Sports reports that Washington LB Hau’oli Kikaha a handful of teams with “conservative medical evaluators” have been turned off by his ACL surgery. However, other teams aren’t as concerned and can’t ignore his production.
- According to Tony Pauline, “a lot” of people around the league still aren’t convinced that Jameis Winston is a “slam dunk” to be No. 1 overall pick.
- Pauline reports that the Buccaneers are still fielding phone calls about a potential trade, and Oregon QB Marcus Mariota remains in the mix for them.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Jets have been the most active team in terms of trade calls.
- New York is reportedly looking to move up or down in the draft and have been “burning call minutes” trying to figure out their options, according to Rapoport.
- Tony Pauline reports that the belief right now is that the Titans will draft Oregon QB Marcus Mariota at No. 2 overall.
- Pauline mentions that the thinking here is that this could buy GM Ruston Webster and HC Ken Whisenhut additional time to get things figured in Tennessee.