A number of teams are impressed with Missouri DE/OLB Shane Ray and his handling of the fallout of his marijuana citation.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Ray remains a lock for the first round, despite his off-field and injury flags.
“I don’t have any doubt that he’s gonna go somewhere in the first round,” Schefter said, via Rotoworld.com.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Bears are one of the teams that have been in contact with the Titans about the No. 2 overall pick.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Browns haven’t had any talks with the Titans about the No. 2 pick.
- Jeremy Fowler mentions that Cleveland is still fielding a ton of calls around the league, and are interested in moving up to No. 2 overall.
- Trading up or down remains in play for the Browns, but they’re reported uncomfortable parting with three first-round picks for the No. 2 pick.
- Ed Werder reports that the Buccaneers have been in talks with teams drafting at the end of round one about trading back.
- Adam Schefter considers it unlikely that the Titans will trade the No. 2 overall pick to any of the team’s that have inquired about the selection.
- Bob Holtzman mentions that it appears as though trade partners for the No. 2 overall pick are “drying up.”