Draft Rumors: Tim Williams, Running Backs, 49ers, Bears
- According to Albert Breer, Alabama pass rusher Tim Williams is a top 10 pick based on talent, but he would be surprised if he’s selected in round one and could fall even further than that, due to a few concerns.
- In regards to the running backs, Albert Breer mentions that there are a few teams who like FSU RB Dalvin Cook more than LSU’s Leonard Fournette because Cook fits the modern game better.
- There are also teams that prefer Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon to Cook, but he’s still hearing that Mixon will likely be a second- or third-round pick when all is said and done.
- Albert Breer says that with no quarterbacks building momentum at the top of the draft and this year’s class being deep at a number of positions, there doesn’t appear to be much interest from teams in moving up. In fact,
- Breer says that teams don’t see all that much difference between the No. 5 – No. 20 picks.
- Florida QB Austin Appleby will attend the Buccaneers’ local pre-draft workout on April 14. (Greg Auman)
- Wisconson RB Corey Clement was invited to visit with the Vikings, but he had a previous commitment. (Darren Wolfson)
- Notre Dame WR James Onwaulu visited the Chargers this week and is set to meet with the Bears next. (Darren Wolfson)
- The Texans will work out Iowa State CB Jomal Wiltz. (Aaron Wilson)
- Baylor WR K.D. Cannon has visits scheduled with the Lions on April 9 and with the Rams on April 10. (Charean Williams)
- Albert Breer would be surprised if 49ers new GM John Lynch didn’t try to trade out of the No. 2 spot and move back to get someone like Alabama LB Reuben Foster or LSU RB Leonard Fournette.
- Albert Breer mentions that the word right now is that the Bears like both LSU S Jamal Adams and Ohio State S Malik Hooker but the idea of taking a safety that high in the draft could be a concern for them and possibly lead to them trade down.
Tags Austin Appleby Corey Clement Dalvin Cook Jamal Adams James Onwaulu Joe Mixon Jomal Wiltz K.D. Cannon Leonard Fournette Malik Hooker Reuben Foster Tim Williams