- The Giants claimed CB Chykie Brown off of waivers from the Ravens to Amukamara’s place on their active roster.
Amukamara, 25, finishes the 2014 season with 42 tackles, three interceptions, and 11 pass defenses over the course of seven games. Pro Football Focus has Amukamara rated as the No. 34 cornerback in the league this season.
Giants HC Tom Coughlin confirmed that CB Prince Amukamara will miss the remainder of the 2014 season after he sustained a biceps injury during Monday night’s loss to the Colts.
“We won’t have him going forward,” Coughlin said, per Dan Graziano.
Giants CB Prince Amukamara was forced from Monday night’s game against the Colts with a bicep injury. Unfortunately for Amukamara, the team announced that he has suffered a torn biceps.
- Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports mentions that depending on where the tear is on Amukamara’s biceps, his 2014 season could be over.
- Ian Rapoport tweets that this will likely end Amukamara’s season.
- Former NFL physician, David Chao, believes Amukamara sustained a torn distal biceps tendon, which would end his season.
- Chao mentions that if Amukamara had just torn his bicep, it wouldn’t be season-ending.
This is horrible news for the Giants and Amukamara as he had really made some progress this year.
New York elected to pick up Amukamara’s fifth-year option back in May. They will owe him $6.898 million for the 2015 season, but this figure is guaranteed only for injury and won’t prevent the team from working on a long-term extension that would reduce his salary.