Home / Bears / NFC North Rumors: Bears, Packers, Vikings
NFC North Rumors: Bears, Packers, Vikings
- Multiple sources have told Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune that the Bears have identified free agent WR Sammy Watkins as their top free agent target at receiver.
- Biggs adds that the Bears are also believed to have expressed interest in WR Allen Robinson too, but he’s coming off of a torn ACL while Watkins should be healthy and give their offense an element they’ve been missing the past few years.
- According to Biggs, it’s possible that Watkins could be targeting as much as $15 million to $17 million per year.
- Biggs adds that the Bears are believed to have Eagles TE Trey Burton on their radar, but he has interest from multiple teams including the Lions.
- As for the kicker position, Biggs says that Dolphins free agent Cody Parkey has emerged as the Bears’ top target.
- The Bears are expected to explore their options at cornerback opposite of Kyle Fuller. Biggs wonders if the Bears could end up bringing back Prince Amukamara for another year.
- According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, some believe the Packers could end up releasing WR Jordy Nelson this offseason.
- This comes after the Packers were linked to notable free agent WRs Allen Robinson (NFLTR) and Sammy Watkins (NFLTR) on Monday.
- Regarding free agent DL Muhammad Wilkerson, Tom Silverstein reports that all is quiet on the Packers’ front. Silverstein adds that Green Bay appears to be slow-playing their pursuit of Wilkerson and allowing the market to play out.
- A source tells Chris Tomasson that the Vikings have interest in re-signing free agent G Joe Berger.
- Although, there are reportedly at least three other teams who have also expressed interest in signing Berger.
Tags Allen Robinson cody parkey Joe Berger Jordy Nelson Kyle Fuller Muhammad Wilkerson Prince Amukamara Sammy Watkins Trey Burton