Home Bears NFC North Rumors: Bears, Packers, Vikings
- Multiple sources have told Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune that the Bears have identified free agent WR Sammy Watkins as their top free agent target at receiver.
- Biggs adds that the Bears are also believed to have expressed interest in WR Allen Robinson too, but he’s coming off of a torn ACL while Watkins should be healthy and give their offense an element they’ve been missing the past few years.
- According to Biggs, it’s possible that Watkins could be targeting as much as $15 million to $17 million per year.
- Biggs adds that the Bears are believed to have Eagles TE Trey Burton on their radar, but he has interest from multiple teams including the Lions.
- As for the kicker position, Biggs says that Dolphins free agent Cody Parkey has emerged as the Bears’ top target.
- The Bears are expected to explore their options at cornerback opposite of Kyle Fuller. Biggs wonders if the Bears could end up bringing back Prince Amukamara for another year.
- According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, some believe the Packers could end up releasing WR Jordy Nelson this offseason.
- This comes after the Packers were linked to notable free agent WRs Allen Robinson (NFLTR) and Sammy Watkins (NFLTR) on Monday.
- Regarding free agent DL Muhammad Wilkerson, Tom Silverstein reports that all is quiet on the Packers’ front. Silverstein adds that Green Bay appears to be slow-playing their pursuit of Wilkerson and allowing the market to play out.
- A source tells Chris Tomasson that the Vikings have interest in re-signing free agent G Joe Berger.
- Although, there are reportedly at least three other teams who have also expressed interest in signing Berger.