Falcons DT Dontari Poe told reporters Thursday that he isn’t worried about the weight clauses included in his contract that total $500,000.
“Oh, it’s pretty smooth,” Poe said of the weight clause, via ESPN.com. “I’m pretty much where I need to be. So as long as I keep doing that, I’ll be all right.”
“I’m going to keep doing what I’ve been doing,” Poe said. “Yep.”
“I ended up tearing my Lisfranc the second game of the season against the Tennessee Titans, separating my foot, so that was a bummer for me,” Abdullah said, via ESPN.com. “But I’m shaking back good now. It’s helped me understand my body more, so I’m a lot more penciled in on what I need to do as far as recovery, make sure I’m [doing all the] right things for my body to make sure I’m ready for this 2017 season.”
- Nick Underhill reports that the Saints anticipate signing all of their rookies other than first-round OT Ryan Ramczyk this week.
- The Saints are just one of two teams that have yet to sign a single draft pick, but Underhill explains that New Orleans was waiting until after June 1 and they picked up cap space from releasing veteran S Jairus Byrd to do so.
- According to Underhill, the holdup with Ramczyk is the fact that he’s coming off of hip surgery and will need to pass a physical.
In total, Floyd’s pact includes $4.6 million by reaching incentives that amount to:
- $1.5 million – 40 catches, 500 yards or six touchdowns
- $4.6 million – 70-catches, 1,000-yards or 12-touchdowns
It’s worth mentioning that Floyd could still receive discipline from the NFL for his 2016 arrest.