- Art Stapleton reports that Giants S Landon Collins underwent a second surgery on his fractured forearm Monday.
Packers GM Brian Gutekunst was asked about Aaron Rodgers‘ reported frustration with the team on Monday.
“To be honest with you, I’ve been kind of all consumed with the draft, so I haven’t had, really, hardly any discussions with our players since we kind of started,” Gutekunst said, via ESPN.com. “I welcome them, but as far as — I’ve certainly seen what’s been reported. Nobody has voiced any frustrations to me or anything like that. I always want to listen to any of our players, our coaches, our scouts.”
“Ultimately, at the end of the day, it’s my job to do the task at hand, which is make decisions for the Green Bay Packers on our roster,” Gutekunst added. “But I’ve always felt like I was a good listener. I’ve been listening a lot the last couple weeks and will continue to do so.”
- When asked if pass rushers or cover guys are more important to pass defense, Gutekunst both are important but added that “big guys are harder to find than smaller guys.” (Ryan Wood)
- Veteran CB Davon House signed a one-year deal with the Packers worth $1.005 million. The contract includes a $90,000 signing bonus and a $915,000 base salary. (Rob Demovsky)
- Saints HC Sean Payton said during an appearance on The Dan Patrick Show that if the Chiefs had taken CB Marshon Lattimore at No. 10 overall last year, they would have drafted QB Patrick Mahomes at No. 11. (Andrew Perloff)
- Nick Underhill reports that WR Cameron Meredith‘s contract with the Saints includes a $3.5 million signing bonus and $5.35 million in total guarantees.
- As for WR Brandon Coleman, he receives a one-year deal worth $1 million, which includes $714K in per-game roster bonuses and a $186K signing bonus. (Nick Underhill)