Falcons HC Dan Quinn said after Sunday’s close loss to the Bengals that their record doesn’t reflect how good of a team they are.
“At the end of the day, we have to get these moments right,” Quinn said, via ESPN.com. “Through our first quarter of the season, our record doesn’t show that we have that part down, so we’ve got work to do. We’re a good team and our record doesn’t show it at this point.”
- Quinn said he hopes to get RB Devonta Freeman back this week off of a knee injury this week and DT Grady Jarrett is still sore from an ankle injury. (Vaughn McClure)
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera said of Eric Reid: ‘’We feel strong about who he is as a young man and who we are as an organization.” (David Newton)
- Rivera added that Reid could start on Sunday against the Giants: “He’s in great shape.’’ (David Newton)
- On practicing with the Panthers Monday, Reid said: “It came faster than I thought. I’m happy to be playing football again.” (Max Henson)
- Reid was asked why he signed with the Panthers over the 49ers: “They had the better offer.” (Joe Person)
- As for the grievance case, Reid told reporters that it will continue and he couldn’t legally get into a lot of details beyond that. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- Rivera mentioned that he believes G Trai Turner has cleared the concussion protocol. (Joe Person)
- According to Peter King of NBC’s “Football Night in America,” Saints RB Mark Ingram, who has served his four-game suspension, was waiting at the airport to meet his coaches and teammates after they landed back in New Orleans at 12:01 am.