Cardinals RB David Johnson admitted that he wants to get a long-term deal done “as fast as possible” but he plans to leave everything up to his agent.
“It’s a little bit of motivation, but there is so much other stuff – the injury and what I want to prove,” Johnson said, via AzCardinals.com. “I’m definitely going to have (the contract) in the back of my head while I play, but like I said there’s a lot of other stuff going on.”
Rams DT Aaron Donald said he feels an added pressure to perform this season now that he signed a six-year, $135 million contract that includes $87 million guaranteed.
“You could say that,” Donald said, via SiriusXM NFL Radio. “I feel like if I say it wouldn’t then I’d be lying. Mr. [Stan] Kroenke invested into me. I feel like I’m that type of player to help the organization. If anything, it just motivated me to work even harder. I just don’t want to let them down. I’m watching film right now. So, it just make you want to work even that much harder. So just work, continue to grind and lead by example. The way I work, you catch on and get this thing going.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters that S Earl Thomas, who ended his holdout on Wednesday, was on the field and practicing today. Carroll added that Thomas is “ready. He wants to get back to playing football.” (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll says that their plan for Thomas is for him to practice this week before deciding later on if he will play Sunday. (Bob Condotta)
- When asked if trading Thomas remains an option, Carroll said “he’s a Seahawk’‘ and the plan is that he will remain one. (Bob Condotta)
- According to Carroll, DE Dion Jordan looks good and “has a chance to play” on Sunday. (John Boyle)
- Carroll announced that LB K.J. Wright (knee) is out for Week 1 and rookie Shaquem Griffin will start in his place at weak-side linebacker. (Curtis Crabtree)