- The 49ers have no intention of trading RB LaMichael James. (NFLTR)
- CB Nnamdi Asomugha could be on the chopping block. (NFLTR)
- WR Mario Manningham will not play week 8. (Cam Inman)
- The 49ers will meet with LB Aldon Smith to discuss when he will return to the team. (Matt Maiocco)
- RB C.J. Spiller did not practice on Friday and is doubtful to play in Week 8. (Joe Buscaglia)
- RB Fred Jackson is probable for week 8 after dealing with a knee injury. (Joe Buscaglia)
- CB Brandon Burton has been waived.
- RB Ronnie Wingo has been promoted from the practice squad.
- LB Manny Lawson are listed as doubtful for Week 8.
- Jeff Tuel will be the team’s backup quarterback agains the Saints.
- QB Peyton Manning put in a full practice on Friday. (Lindsay Jones)
- CB Champ Bailey has officially been ruled out of Week 8. (Joan Niesen)
- RB Ronnie Hillman will not dress for Sunday’s game. (Mike Klis)
- RB Willis McGahee is listed as probable for Week 8.
- RB Doug Martin could be out anywhere from two weeks to two months. (Alex Marvez)
- The Buccaneers are reportedly concerned about WR Mike Williams‘ hamstring injury and whether he can continue playing. (Rick Stroud)
- The Cardinals are not considering benching QB Carson Palmer. (Bob McManaman)
- RB Rashard Mendenhall is doubtful to play in Week 8. (AzCardinals.com)
- Cardinals are likely to start Andre Ellington at running back in Week 8. (AzCardinals.com)
- Stepfan Taylor figures to be Ellington’s backup. (AzCardinals.com)
- WR Dwayne Bowe missed practice on Friday.
- WR Reggie Wayne underwent surgery on his torn ACL Friday.
- It might make sense for the Cowboys to listen to offers for WR Miles Austin. (NFLTR)
- WR Miles Austin put in a limited practice Friday. (Fort Worth Star-Telegram)
- RB DeMarco Murray put in a limited practice Friday. (Fort Worth Star-Telegram)
- QB Michael Vick is probable and expected to start Week’s game.
- QB Nick Foles has been ruled out for Week 8.
- WR Jeremy Maclin is ahead of schedule in his rehab from a torn ACL. (Jeff McLane)
- WR Roddy White has been ruled out for week 8. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- RB Steven Jackson is listed as probable for Week 8.
- RB Jason Snelling did not practice on Friday due to an ankle injury.
- RB Peyton Hillis is ready for a larger workload. (Kevin Patra)
- RB Brandon Jacobs is listed as doubtful for Week 8.
- WR Justin Blackmon is probable for Week 8 after dealing with a hamstring injury. (John Oehser)
- WR Cecil Shorts is probable for Week 8 after dealing with a clavical injury. (John Oehser)
- RB Reggie Bush did not practice on Friday. (Tim Twentyman)
- WR Nate Burleson is listed as out for Week 8.
- WR James Jones did not practice on Friday due to a knee injury. (Rob Demovsky)
- LB Nick Perry took a few snaps during Friday’s practice after suffering a broken foot a few weeks ago. (Bob McGinn)
- RB James Starks is listed as probable for Week 8.
- An MRI came back negative regarding DE Charles Johnson‘s groin injury.
- WR Danny Amendola was limited in practice on Friday. (Field Yates)
- WR Danny Amendola passed his concussion tests to return to the field. (ESPN Boston)
- CB Aqib Talib is fully practicing on Friday. (Mike Reiss)
- Patriots released G Tyronne Green from injured reserve.
- WR Leonard Hankerson is listed as questionable for Week 8.