NFL News & Rumors: Monday 4/8
LSU DE Barkevious Mingo has worked out for: Chiefs, Browns and Falcons. He also visited with the Titans, Jaguars, Bills, Browns and Panthers. (Ian Rapoport)
- Alabama CB Dee Milliner is no longer sporting a sling following his recent shoulder surgery and is “feeling good.” (Dave Birkett)
- USC QB Matt Barkley will visit with the Browns tomorrow and the Bills on Wednesday. (Ian Rapoport)
- QBs Ryan Nassib and E.J. Manuel are being considered for late first-round draft picks. (NFLTR)
- Alabama OL D.J. Fluker is rising up draft boards. (NFLTR)
- An anonymous NFL GM expects that quarterbacks in the Draft to “fall like logs“. (Adam Schefter)
- Georgia DE/LB Jarvis Jones may end up being a mid first-round pick. (Ian Rapoport)
- WR Denard Robinson‘s nerve issue could significantly drop his draft stock if he does not check out medically. (Bob McGinn)
- Wisconsin RB Montee Ball is visiting with the Buccaneers. (Adam Schefter)
- West Virginia QB Geno Smith has a private workout with the Browns and a visit scheduled with the Jets. (Ian Rapoport)
- Free agent QB JaMarcus Russell has canceled his April 10 Pro Day workout. (Vic Tafur)
- QB Max Hall signed with the CFL Winnipeg Blue Bombers. (Mike Wilkening)
- The Bengals are poised to move on without OL Andre Smith. (NFLTR)
- Free agent RB Felix Jones had a tryout in with the Bengals. (Bryan Broaddus)
- Free agent FB/TE Alex Smith will visit the Bengals this week. (Adam Caplan)
- General Manager Buddy Nix stated that QB Kevin Kolb is a “strong candidate” to start for the Bills in 2013. (Bills)
- RB Lance Ball signed his RFA tender.
- Cardinals signed P Will Batson, (Aaron Wilson)
- Chargers signed CB Cornelius Brown, WR Deon Butler, and WR Dan DePalma.
- Dolphins agree to terms with LS Patrick Scales.
- Drew Rosenhaus is “hearing” that the Dolphins will use their first round pick on an offensive tackle. (NFLTR)
- The Dolphins “really like” OL Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher, but “have questions” about OL Lane Johnson. (Armando Salguero)
- Tony Pauline states that OL D.J. Fluker is an option for the Dolphins at No. 12.
- The Eagles will likely draft OL Eric Fisher if he is still available at No. 4 in the NFL Draft. (Jeff McLane)
- Giants re-signed restricted free agent C Jim Cordle.
- Lions released WR Brian Robiskie. (Adam Caplan)
- The Lions guaranteed $1 million of WR Mike Thomas 2013 base salary. (Dave Birkett)
- Patriots reach an agreement with free agent DT Tommy Kelly on a two-year contract. (NFLTR)
- Speculation regarding TE Rob Gronkowski missing week 1 is “way off” and a decision hasn’t been made about a fourth surgery. (Ben Volin)
- The Raiders “badly” wanted to re-sign DL Desmond Bryant. (Peter King)
- The Raiders have not ruled out taking a quarterback No. 3 overall in the NFL Draft. (Peter King)
- Raiders released OT Jason Slowey.
- Head coach Leslie Frazier has been kept in contact with DB Antoine Winfield. (Ben Goessling)
- Head coach Leslie Frazier suggested that the Vikings will draft a middle-linebacker in the first round. (Ben Goessling)
Tags Aaron Rodgers Alex Smith Andre Smith Antoine Winfield Barkevious Mingo Brett Swain Brian Robiskie Cornelius Brown Cortez Allen D.J. Fluker Dan DePalma Dan Orlovsky Darrelle Revis DeAngelo Hall Dee Milliner Denard Robinson Deon Butler Desmond Bryant Devin Hester E.J. Manuel Eric Fisher Felix Jones Geno Smith JaMarcus Russell James Harrison Jarvis Jones Jason Slowey Jeff Cumberland Jim Cordle Justin Pugh Keenan Lewis Kerry Rhodes Kevin Kolb Lance Ball Lane Johnson Leslie Frazier Luke Joeckel Matt Barkley Matthew Mulligan Max Hall Montee Ball Patrick Scales Rob Gronkowski Ryan Nassib Stephen Peterman Tim Tebow Will Batson