Home / Bengals / NFL News & Rumors: Steelers, Browns, Pacman, Ravens, Collie
NFL News & Rumors: Steelers, Browns, Pacman, Ravens, Collie
- It was reported that Pittsburgh Steelers DE Aaron Smith would be out the remainder of the season but head coach Mike Tomlin has yet to rule him out for the season. “Aaron is a quality player, a veteran leader for us. If there is hope for his return then of course we are going to be hopeful for as long as we possibly can.” Scott Brown of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review suggests that this could actually be the end of career and not just the season.
- Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme will not begin to practice until next Wednesday which could leave the door open for another start for Colt McCoy.
- The Cincinnati Bengals have lost Adam “Pacman” Jones for the remainder of the season with a neck injury, per Jason La Canfora. Jones has really turned things around this season and has been a valuable contributor to the teams secondary.
- Pro Football Talk reports that Derrick Mason underwent surgery on his finger yesterday but should be available to play after the teams bye week in week 9. Mason hurt his finger two weeks ago but elected to wait until the teams bye week to have surgery.
- The Colts are beginning to rake up injuries as fast as the Green Bay Packers. Austin Collie was supposed to be out for a couple after he underwent surgery on his thumb but now it appears that the team could be without him for more than a few weeks. “It’s just a day-to-day thing, its something you can’t put a date on. It has to do with the body, it has to do with how my body handles it,” Collie told WSBT. “It’s a game of patience and just waiting.”
Tags Aaron Smith Adam Jones Austin Collie Colt McCoy Derrick Mason Jake Delhomme Mike Tomlin Seneca Wallace