- Buccaneers reached an injury settlement with Aaron Morgan.
- RB Ahmad Bradshaw practiced in full on Wednesday after dealing with a foot injury.
- WR Darrius Heyward-Bey received praise from QB Andrew Luck and head coach Chuck Pagano. (Jerry McDonald)
- The runningback order for week 1 has yet to be determined. (Phillip B Wilson)
- OG Nate Livings has been released with an injury settlement due to a knee injury.
- The competition between RB Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas is “very, very close” says head coach Joe Philbin. (Adam H. Beasley)
- RB Daniel Thomas expects to receive about the same amount of reps as RB Lamar Miller week 1. (Adam H. Beasley)
- Eagles waived CB Curtis Marsh off IR with an injury settlement.
- WR Roddy White stated he will be ready for week 1 after dealing with an ankle injury. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul was limited in practice on Wednesday due to a back injury. (Ohm Youngmisuk)
- WR Hakeem Nicks stated that his body “feels the best it has felt in a long time.” (Ohm Youngmisuk)
- TE Marcedes Lewis left Wednesday’s practice early due to his lingering calf strain. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- TE Marcedes Lewis was held out of practice on Thursday due to his lingering calf strain. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- The Jets will have a “week-by-week evaluation” of the quarterback position and will continue to have “ongoing” competition. (Seth Walder)
- WR Santonio Holmes still has not received medical clearance to play for the team in week 1. (Matt Ehalt)
- QB Mark Sanchez will not be cut this season says owner Woody Johnson. (Rich Cimini)
- S Antonio Allen won the starting free safety job for the team. (Seth Walder)
- The Jets expect WR Santonio Holmes to play a limited amount of snaps for week 1. (Brian Costello)
- WR Ryan Broyles‘ role on offense may expand as the season progresses. (Dave Birkett)
- DE Ziggy Ansah practiced in full on Thursday after dealing with a concussion. (Chris McCosky)
- RB Mike Tolbert was limited in practice on Wednesday due to a hamstring injury.
- RB Mike Tolbert may be utilized more in the offense this season. (Terry Blount)
- WR Danny Amendola is downplaying his groin injury. (Mike Reiss)
- Patriots announced the release of OL Braxston Cave and TE Matthew Mulligan.
- Patriots are re-signing James Develin. (Nick Underhill)
- WR Sidney Rice practiced in full on Wednesday after dealing with a knee injury.
- TE Heath Miller was limited in practice on Wednesday due to a knee injury.
- WR Cordarrelle Patterson was limited in practice on Wednesday due to a back injury.