- Matt Maiocco is hearing that it’s unlikely Kyle Shanahan will be allowed to bring any the Falcons’ position coaches to San Francisco for his staff with the 49ers once the move becomes official.
- According to Vic Carucci, there doesn’t appear to be any substance to the Bills’ reported interest in Packers QBs coach Alex Van Pelt for their offensive coordinator vacancy.
- The Cleveland Browns announced several hirings on Thursday including Jerod Kruse (assistant DBs), Clyde Simmons (DL), DeWayne Walker (DBs), Blake Williams (LBs) and Bob Wylie (OL).
- The Browns also fired DL coach Robert Nunn.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Colts are not bringing back WRs coach Lee Hull next season.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Jaguars are expected to hire former Bills DL coach Jason Rebrovich as an assistant DL coach.
Packers WR Jordy Nelson explained that he can’t just return from his rib injury and “be out there slowly running or just being some random person.”
“I’ve improved every day. Hopefully that continues,” Nelson said, via the Wisconsin State Journal. “I’ve got to be able to go out and perform. I just can’t be out there slowly running or just being some random person. I’ve never played receiver with broken ribs. We’ll find out, hopefully. If it happens, we’ll see how it goes. Right now, I’m just focused on getting back to full motion and doing everything and seeing if we can get that opportunity.”
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Packers expect WR Geronimo Allison (leg) and WR Davante Adams (sprained ankle) to be ready for Sunday’s game, despite missing Wednesday’s practice.