Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: 49ers, Browns, Jets, Packers, Raiders
NFL Notes: 49ers, Browns, Jets, Packers, Raiders
- Albert Breer lists Jeff Hafley, Mike McDaniel, Mike Lafleur, Rich Scangarello and Richard Hightower as possible targets for coaching positions with the 49ers.
- According to Mary Kay Cabot, competition to trade for Patriots backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo could drive up the asking price to the point where the Browns may have part with their No. 12 overall pick and more to get him.
- Cabot doesn’t think it would be a bad idea for them to use the No. 1 overall pick on Mitch Trubisky AND trade their No. 12 pick to the Patriots for Garoppolo: “I know it sounds crazy, but they need to throw some quality darts at the quarterback position until they find a good one. If they end up with two quality starters, they can always trade one down the road. This team is going nowhere until they solve the quarterback problem. Having said that, Trubisky will need time to develop, and the Browns can start Garoppolo right away. “
- Cabot mentions that he’s spoken to “several” NFL personnel executives who have “serious question marks” about Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett’s consistency. Cabot believes this could be enough of a concern for the Browns that they may pass on him at No. 1 overall.
- Rich Cimini points out that Ryan Fitzpatrick‘s contract voids five days after the Super Bowl, which is next Friday.
- Cimini hears that new OC John Morton will have a “big say” in who the team hires as quarterbacks coach. Some names to watch for the job could include Greg Knapp, Chris Weinke and Marc Trestman.
- If veteran WR Anquan Boldin were a few years younger, Cimini believes he would be on the Jets’ radar this offseason.
- Joel Corry says that in order for Adrian Peterson to be an option for the Packers, GM Ted Thompson would have to think he can have a similar impact to what Julius Peppers has done for their defense in recent years.
- Alex Marvez reports that Ejiro Evero is expected to leave the Packers’ defensive coach staff to become the Rams new DBs coach.
- Joel Corry mentions that while the Raiders weren’t mentioned by Adrian Peterson or recent report, they’re a playoff team with a bigger need at running back than either the Cowboys or Texans.
- Although, Corry adds that he has no doubt Peterson will want more money than RB Latavius Murray after being one of the NFL’s highest paid running backs for several years.
- In regards to Murray, Corry believes he’ll likely target more money than the $5,166,667 per year Giovanni Bernard makes with the Bengals.
Tags Adrian Peterson Anquan Boldin Chris Weinke Ejiro Evero Greg Knapp Jeff Hafley Jimmy Garoppolo John Morton Latavius Murray Marc Trestman Mike LaFleur Mike McDaniel Mitch Trubisky Myles Garrett Rich Scangarello Richard Hightower Ryan Fitzpatrick Ted Thompson