- According to the New York Times, former Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez was found to have a severe form of C.T.E.
- Jose Baez, a lawyer for Hernandez, announced that researchers determined this was “the most severe case they had ever seen in someone of Aaron’s age,” which was 27.
- Baez has filed a lawsuit in federal court against the Patriots and the NFL on behalf of Hernandez’s daughter.
- NFL international head Mark Waller tells Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com that the league’s focus in China is on trying to get people playing, considering that the time difference results in NFL games being in the middle of the night, which means it will be difficult for them to build viewership.
- According to Waller, they don’t want to go there and play a one-off game with no long-term plan. He added that the NFL is unlikely to play a game in China next year: “I don’t think it’ll be ’18. I don’t think we’re ready.”
Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott told reporters that he was “very frustrated” during their recent loss to the Broncos, but there is still no excuse for the lack of effort he showed.
“I definitely heard it. I guess you could say it looked like that,” Elliott said, via NFL.com. “I would say I was just very frustrated, but that’s no excuse for the lack of effort I showed on tape. And I just can’t do that. Being one of the leaders on the team and being a guy that people count on, I can’t put that type of stuff on film.”
Elliott mentioned that the team “addressed it in house” and this isn’t the kind of player he really is.
“It’s definitely not me,” Elliott said. “It’s definitely not the type of player I am. It’s definitely not who I am for this team. I just can’t do that. I was frustrated and I wasn’t myself.”
New Jaguars WR Jaelon Strong explained that he isn’t sure why the Texans elected to cut him loose earlier this week, but he’s focused on doing what he can to help his new team.
“I’m here in Jacksonville now, under a new organization and team, and this is my main focus,” Strong said, via ESPN.com. “Like I said, I’m not really sure why they let me go. I’m not really worried about why they let me go or anything that happened. I’m just trying to do whatever I can to help the Jacksonville Jaguars be the best team.”
“Any time anybody gets released, of course some reality sets in and some hunger sets in,” Strong added.