- A Bengals’ source tells Adam Caplan that owner Mike Brown has prevented a number of coaches under contract with the team to take other positions.
- This could explain why they prevented Vance Joseph from taking the Broncos DC job.
- New Browns OC John DeFilippo receives a three-year contract from the team. (Adam Caplan)
- While the Colts prevented Rob Chudzinski from taking jobs with other teams, his contract will be up in a week, according to Jim Thomas.
- This is speculation on my part, but it makes you wonder if changes could be coming in Indianapolis given that they’ve prevented a soon-to-be free agent coach from taking a new job.
- Lions HC Jim Caldwell wouldn’t say if they’ve re-started contract negotiations with free agent DT Ndamukong Suh regarding a new contract. (Dave Birkett)
The Saints officially hired Jeff Ireland to lead their college scouting department.
“I felt like we needed to add some experience from outside the building,” GM Mickey Loomis said, via the New Orleans Times-Picayune.