Home Bengals NFL Notes: Bengals, Buccaneers, Colts, Saints, Titans, & Vikings
- Geoff Hobson writes that QB A.J. McCarron is going to have a “great shot” at winning the No. 2 job in training camp and the preseason.
- Greg Auman reports that the Buccaneers worked out LS Avery Rigg on Thursday, and even though they didn’t sign him, they could reconsider bringing him in after the draft.
- Colts OLB Erik Walden was slashed in the arm with a knife and his female companion suffered a broken arm after they were allegedly attacked by Walden’s ex-girlfriend in Braselton, Georgia, Saturday night. (ESPN.com)
- Walden reportedly had ton wrestle a gun away from the women, who later hit his companion in the arm with a baseball bat. (ESPN.com)
- Tony Pauline reports that that the Saints met with and worked out Clemson LB Stephone Anthony.
- Albert Breer reports that the Titans are setting up a private workout with Florida State QB Jameis Winston.
- Vikings GM Rick Spielman discussed their thinking when it came to the Mike Wallace trade with Sid Hartman of the Star Tribune.“We had to take on the contract, which plays a part in it,” Spielman said.“But we felt, from a draft compensation standpoint, we didn’t lose any picks. We had two fifth-round picks because of the move we made with Buffalo [the Matt Cassel trade], so that’s why you have to keep as many draft picks as possible, and even on draft day, because that gives you the ability to move around on draft day. It gives you the ability to do the move we were able to get accomplished.”