Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: Bengals, Colts, Jets, Raiders & Ravens
NFL Notes: Bengals, Colts, Jets, Raiders & Ravens
- Coley Harvey of ESPN writes that it’s hard to see more than two of the Bengals’ 15 undrafted free agent and tryout players making the 53-man roster.
- Of the 15, CB Troy Hill, S Erick Dargan, QB Terrelle Pryor, and TE John Peters stood out most to Harvey during last week’s rookie minicamp.
- Bengals OL coach Paul Alexander and OC Hue Jackson are believed to be high on second-year C Russell Bodine heading into the 2015 season.
- Harvey expects seventh-round rookie WR Mario Alford to take kick return duties from WR Brandon Tate next season, but believes he will have a hard time seeing the field on the offensive side of the ball, due to the presence of Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu.
- Mike Wells of ESPN heard that OLB Robert Mathis is regularly working out and rehabbing from his Achilles’ tear at the team facility. However, there’s no information available regarding his timetable of his recovery.
- Wells “would be shocked” if third-round rookie CB D’Joun Smith passed up Darius Butler or Greg Toler on the depth chart.
- Jamison Hensley of ESPN views fourth-round rookie RB Buck Allen as a possible future starter with his pass-catching ability, but adds that he’ll likely begin as a situational player in 2015.
- GM Ozzie Newsome said that the team is attempting to extend G Marshal Yanda and K Justin Tucker, but he also admitted on Tuesday that he plans to address other players if a contract cannot be finalized with either of the two.
- Hensley mentions G Kelechi Osemele as another player who could receive an extension offer.
- Owner Steve Biscotti said “there is a 75 percent to 80 percent chance” that the Ravens play in London sometime over the next four years, but would only do so if they do not relinquish a home game in Baltimore.
Tags Amari Cooper Brandon Tate Buck Allen Calvin Pryor D'Joun Smith D.J. Swearinger Darius Butler Devin Smith Erick Dargan Greg Toler Hue Jackson Kelechi Osemele Leonard Williams Mario Alford Marvin Jones Michael Crabtree Mike Maccagnan Mohamed Sanu Ozzie Newsome Paul Alexander Robert Mathis Rod Streater Russell Bodine Saalim Hakim Steve Biscotti T.J. Graham Terrelle Pryor Troy Hill Walt Powell