Bills WR Marquise Goodwin said he was glad he got the chance to try to qualify for the Rio Olympics.
“I’m blessed. I’m alive. I’m walking,” said Goodwin, via NewYorkUpstate.com. “At this point, all I can ask for is an opportunity — I got that today.”
Goodwin said that he’ll need some time to rest his body after working to get in shape for the Olympics.
“Now that this is over, I get to stop eating like a bird and get into some real food,” Goodwin said. “I’m going to rest first, though. I haven’t had any rest in a long time, so my body is banged up — I feel like I played eight or nine games and I’m in week 10 already.”
- According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, first-round OL Laremy Tunsil suffered some “growing pains” during the offseason program.
- Jackson says that Tunsil made both mental and physical errors, which is somewhat surprising, considering his unique athleticism and play during his college career.
- Justin Rogers of MLive.com considers Zach Zenner is the “early front-runner” for the Lions big back job.
- However, Zenner’s primary competition is likely to be veteran Stevan Ridley.
- Rogers considers George Winn to be the dark horse for the job.