NFL Notes: Broncos, Packers, Patriots, Steelers, & Titans
- Mike Klis believes Browns LT Joe Thomas is worth second round pick and maybe late-round throw-in, given that he has $4,66 million left on his 2015 salary.
- Klis adds that after committing $2.3 million to TE Vernon Davis following their recent trade with the 49ers, the Broncos may have to move some money around in order to squeeze in Thomas’ $4.66 million in remaining salary.
- Despite speculation that the Packers could have had interest in trading for then-49ers TE Vernon Davis, Rob Demovsky has confirmed that Green Bay did not inquire about his availability.
- Joel Corry points out that the Patriots have made trades at or within days of the last three trading deadlines.
- Patriots LB Dane Fletcher, who opened the year on the PUP list, returned to practice on Monday. (Mike Reiss)
- DT Chris Jones, who was also on the PUP list to begin the year, is set to begin practicing for the first time as well. (Mike Reiss)
- Steelers HC Mike Tomlin said Le’Veon Bell‘s ACL is intact, which means he should be ready to go for start of the 2016 season. (Mark Kaboly)
- Bell suffered damage to his MCL and PCL and was subsequently placed on season-ending injured reserve Monday. (Mark Kaboly)
- According to Ed Werder of ESPN, while previous reports had said that Ken Whisenhunt signed a five-year, $25 million contract with the Titans, his deal is actually closer to $30 million.
- Werder adds that Whisenhunt would like to remain involved in the NFL in some capacity.
- Interim HC Mike Mularkey said there will be some philosophical changes to their offense following the change in leadership, specifically with the passing game.
- Mularkey said that OC Jason Michael will call the team’s plays.
- Titans president and CEO Steve Underwood said they had been considering a coaching change for “several weeks.”
- According to Underwood, Amy Adams Strunk will hire the team’s next head coach.
Tags Chris Jones Dane Fletcher Jason Michael Joe Thomas Ken Whisenhunt Le'Veon Bell Mike Mularkey Vernon Davis