- Cameron Wolfe of The Denver Post writes that second-year WR Bennie Fowler appears to be the front runner to land the No. 3 receiver role.
- Broncos’ third-round DB Justin Simmons is competing for the team’s No. 3 safety role and could play immediatley in six defensive back formations.
Raiders’ first-round S Karl Joseph said his knee is not yet completely healthy.
“It was a good break,” Joseph said, via Paul Gutierrez of ESPN. “The knee’s still not completely 100 percent yet so [I was] just taking a day off to kind of let it rest. Not trying to beat myself up too bad before the season starts.”
It’s worth mentioning that Joseph has been practicing with the first team throughout the offseason.
- Rams HC Jeff Fisher said CB EJ Gaines will miss time with a hamstring injury, but would not rule him out of the preseason opener. (Myles Simmons)
- Fisher also said that QB Case Keenum will start Week 1 of the preseason. (Myles Simmons)
- Aaron Wilson reports that Texans DL Christian Covington is going through the league’s concussion protocol.
- Texans TE Ryan Griffin has returned to practice after missing time with an Achilles’ injury. (Aaron Wilson)