- Mike Klis reports that the Broncos were interested at one point in exploring Ravens HC John Harbaugh as their next head coach. However, Klis has been told that the Broncos didn’t think he would be available and they weren’t willing to trade a high draft pick for him, so they moved on.
- According to Klis, Broncos OL coach Sean Kugler has drawn interest from multiple teams but Denver is not letting him talk with them.
Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin believes they’re going to be a better team moving forward after what they were able to accomplish this past season.
“Look out,” Baldwin said, via Pro Football Talk. “This team, we have everything we need. You have all the pieces. You have all the right mindsets, personalities, everything. It’s just we’re a young team. With the time comes progression, comes growth, comes learning. This team will be better.”
“I think the best thing we will do from this point on moving forward is that we will take these lessons and learn from them and grow and be better, not only as football players, but as men,” Baldwin added. “That is vastly more important. Yes, it’s sad the way it ended, but this is not the end of the world. There are some phenomenal individuals in this locker room; phenomenal football players. . . . The future is bright.”
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson told reporters on Sunday that he’s willing to play out next season and become free agent, but would still prefer to remain in Seattle. (Bob Condotta)
- Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner, who is entering the final year of his contract, says he’d like to get an extension done this offseason: “I’m heavily involved in the business side, so would I like to be taken care of before the season? That would be great. If I don’t, then that wouldn’t be the end of the world. I understand this is a business and I’m prepared for anything that happens. If they sign me before then, cool. If they don’t, cool too. But I want to be here. This is where I want to be for my career. This is an amazing city, amazing fans, amazing organization, so I would love to be here, so we’ll make sure business takes care of itself.” (Brady Henderson)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said Sunday that he expects Romeo Crennel to return next season as the team’s defensive coordinator. (Mark Berman)
- Regarding the team’s roster-building philosophy, O’Brien said: “I don’t think you want to build it through free agency. I think you want to build it through the draft.” (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien said of impending free agent Jadeveon Clowney: “Disruptive player. We’re going to make those decisions as time goes on. Jadeveon has been a big part of what we’ve done here. When he feels good, he’s hard to handle. We’re going to work hard to get something done.” (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien also said of S Tyrann Mathieu and CB Kareem Jackson: “We feel good about those guys. That’s the business side of things. That involves agents.” (Aaron Wilson)
- As for WR Demaryius Thomas, O’Brien said: “I had a long talk with him. We’ll see how the rehab goes. That’s a tough injury. He wants to play again.” (Aaron Wilson)