Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer didn’t take issue with the comments made by his former HC Brian Kelly that he should have stayed in school.
“It’s honestly the truth,” Kizer said during an interview with ESPN 1000, via NBCSports.com. “I have two more years available [of college eligibility]. I’m only 21 years of age. There is a lot of growth for me. There’s a lot of growth for everyone in this draft. There’s a lot of guys out there who had to make big adjustments as they move into the NFL, and I know it. That’s why I’m not the No. 1 quarterback guaranteed walking into this draft as we speak.”
We have him being selected by the Chiefs in the First Round of our 2017 NFL Mock Draft.
- Utah OT Garett Bolles is expected to visit Bears on Wednesday after meeting with the Panthers yesterday. (Adam Caplan)
- San Jose State LB Christian Tago will visit with the Raiders on Thursday, but the Packers have shown the most interest in him. (Matt Barrows)
- Minnesota CB Jalen Myrick will visit the Steelers facility on Wednesday. He’s worked out for or is expected to do so for the Dolphins, Patriots, and Cowboys. (Jeremy Fowler, Adam Caplan)
- Western Michigan DE/OLB Keion Adams is scheduled to visit with the Steelers on Wednesday and the Colts on Thursday. Adams also met with the Chargers last week. (Adam Caplan)
Bills HC Sean McDermott mentioned during a radio interview that while they’ve met with some notable quarterback prospects including Mitchell Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, and DeShone Kizer, there’s no guarantee they’ll be taking a quarterback in the draft.
“Maybe these last three or four trips were just kind of all a smokescreen, right? It’s kind of like hiding your presents from your kids,” McDermott said, via KISS985.com. “You kind of put them in different spots and see, right? We’ll just see. It’s just a big mystery at this point. No one really knows. You never know who’s going to be there at No. 10 when we pick. You just got to go do the homework and study it up.”
- The Titans hosted Alabama DL Jonathan Allen, Temple LB Haason Reddick, and LSU LB Duke Riley for pre-draft visits. (Aaron Wilson)
- A source tells Mike Freeman that he expects the Titans to try to trade out of the No. 5 pick or take Clemson WR Mike Williams if they’re forced to stay put.
- As for their No. 18 overall pick, Freeman’s source mentioned that he could see them taking a defensive back. However, Tennessee reportedly isn’t crazy about this year’s draft and could try to move out of the spot too.