Giants WR Victor Cruz had a second platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection in his left calf almost three weeks ago.
“It helped [the second time]. Even after a couple days I could start to feel it,” Cruz said, via Jordan Raanan of NJ.com. “It really helps in advancing the healing process in whatever area you need it in. It helped me a lot.”
Cruz is expeted to begin running routes on Saturday.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Giants are working out OT Jake Rodgers next week.
- Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald writes that Patriots LB Dont’a Hightower, DE Chandler Jones and LB Jamie Collins are all in for huge contract extensions at some point in the near future.
- Because Hightower and Jones were first-round picks and will have high cap hits in 2016, it’s likely that New England would approach them first before deciding on their fifth-year options.
- Howe believes Hightower could end up with a similar deal to the five-year, $50.25 million contract signed by Buccaneers OLB Lavonte David.
- Howe considers Collins to be a potential franchise tag candidate in 2017.
- Master Tesfatsion of the Washington Post doesn’t expect the Redskins to re-sign RB Alfred Morris after this season.
- Tesfatsion writes that NT Terrance Knighton is worth more than the one-year, $4 million deal he signed with the Redskins, which means he could be in line for a sizable contract next March.