A former teammate told Volin that Easley wasn’t a very mature player during his time with the Patriots.
“Saw that coming,” said one of Easley’s former Patriots teammates regarding the news of his release. “Injuries and locker room cancer.”
According to one of Volin’s sources, the Patriots “never liked him from the get-go, and part of the problem was he would never listen to the medical advice.”
- According to Jeff Howe, Easley’s knees are in “pretty bad shape, and there’s not a lot of room for improvement.”
- According to Mike Klis, MSU QB Connor Cook’s visit with the Broncos is taking place on Thursday.
- Peter Schrager is hearing from some good day-three buzz regarding Michigan QB Jake Rudock, who met with Chargers on Wednesday.
- Rand Getlin reports that over 10 teams were in attendance for Duke S Jeremy Cash’s Pro Day, including the Panthers, Steelers, Falcons, Cardinals and Saints.
- Missouri Western OT Leonard Wester worked out for the Rand Getlin) on Wednesday. (
- Virginia Tech DE/LB Dadi Nicolas is visiting the Redskins on Thursday and has already visiting with the Cardinals, Steelers and Dolphins. (Rand Getlin)
- Aaron Wilson reports that Air Force TE Garrett Griffin is drawing interest from the Lions, Saints, Chargers, 49ers, Chiefs, and Broncos.
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that Georgia OLB Leonard Floyd is visiting with the Bears on Thursday.
- Stanford G Josh Garnett said that the Bears are only team he’s visited, but he’s had a number of private workouts with other teams. (Eric Branch)
- Kimberly Jones reports that Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg will visit the Jets on Thursday.
- Eastern Michigan RB Darius Jackson visited the Jets earlier this week. (Tony Pauline)