Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Draft, 49ers, Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, & Panthers
NFL Notes: Draft, 49ers, Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, & Panthers
- Jeremy Fowler spoke with an NFL scouting director who said that this receiver class is “very good and — not as good as last year, but closer than you’d think.“
- New HC Jim Tomsula says that they will keep their 3-4 defense in place next year.
- Tomsula said that talks are “ongoing” with RB Frank Gore and their other free agents.
- Tomsula confirmed that they are also speaking with free agent WR Michael Crabtree about possibly returning.
- Chiefs GM John Dorsey said that he’s had ongoing discussions with Justin Houston’s agents about an extension. (Kevin Patra)
- Dorsey mentioned that they will meet with Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham.
- Vaughn McClure of ESPN reports that there have been talks between the Falcons and K Matt Bryant, but nothing substantial up to this point.
- McClure adds that Bryant’s agent will meet with the Falcons at some point this week.
- Giants HC Tom Coughlin said they are “convinced” they want DE Jason Pierre-Paul to be back next year and there has been a lot of discuss about retaining him.
- Coughlin mentioned that WR Victor Cruz “looks good” and has worked “very very hard” to get back.
- Coughlin said there could be some information regarding his contract status with the team.
- On the subject of retaining free agent S Antrel Rolle, Coughlin mentioned that they would like to have him back next year.
- Panthers GM Dave Gettleman said of they’re in better shape in terms of their cap situation, but “still not out of the hole.” (Mike Garafolo)
- Gettleman would offer anything in regards to DE Greg Hardy‘s future with the team: “Right now Greg is on the exempt list, and until that changes, I’ve really got nothing to say.” (Around the NFL)
- Gettleman said that there’s better depth at offensive tackle in this year’s draft class than last year’s group. (Joe Person)
Tags Antrel Rolle Dave Gettleman Dorial Green-Beckham Frank Gore Jason Pierre-Paul Justin Houston Matt Bryant Michael Crabtree Victor Cruz