“I don’t think Cris has anything to do with the decision,” Goodell said Monday, via James Kratch of NJ.com. “No, we haven’t made any decisions yet.”
Carter said he would be “shocked” if Elliott wasn’t suspended in the next 48 hours.
“For me, in the next 48 hours, I would be shocked if Zeke is not suspended,” Carter said. “Because based on the information that’s going to come out, it’s going to be fairly easy to determine that something happened to this woman in her four days of being with Zeke. This is just pure assault or domestic violence.”
- During an appearance on Sirius XM Radio, Adam Schefter expressed concerns over Colts QB Andrew Luck and his return from shoulder surgery, saying there’s “chance he isn’t ready to open the season.” (Jeff Ratcliffe)
During his introductory press conference on Monday, new Dolphins QB Jay Cutler explained that his wife actually convinced him to take the opportunity with Miami.
“The last four months I’ve been in a different mindset, getting ready for the Fox deal,’‘ Cutler said, via ESPN.com. “I was pretty good with where I was in my life; I was around the kids a lot and felt pretty content. So I went back and forth on this. My wife talked me into it more than anybody else. … I think she got tired of me being around the house.”
Cutler doesn’t think it will take long for him to get up to speed on HC Adam Gase’s offensive system, considering that they spent time together while in Chicago a few years ago.
“I know Adam very well; I know the system. And you’re talking about a playoff team with a lot of really, really good players and a lot of potential,” Cutler said. “…It’ll come back pretty quickly. I’m not worried about the throwing part. Getting used to the guys and the more detailed stuff, that’s what we’re going to have to hit the fast-forward button on.”
- According to Adam Schefter, the Dolphins also discussed adding Brock Osweiler, Teddy Bridgewater, and Blaine Gabbert but were focused on signing Jay Cutler the whole time
- On Monday, the Jets placed WR Quincy Enunwa on season-ending injured reserve with a neck injury. (NFLTR)
- Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters that Enunwa has a bulging disk in his neck and they expect a second opinion to recommend surgery that will come with a 6-9 month recovery.
- However, Bowles did say that this injury is not career threatening for Enunwa.