Jordan Raanan of ESPN offered his best guess at ranking some potential draft targets for the Giants. His list consists of:
- Alabama TE O.J. Howard
- Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey
- Alabama OT Cam Robinson
- Florida LB Jarrad Davis
- Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham
- Michigan DE Taco Charlton
- According to Raanan, Howard is clearly atop the team’s draft board and well-regarded for his ability to block, run and catch passes.
- Raanan adds that the Giants are also high on McCaffrey while Robinson is considered to be the best offensive lineman in this year’s draft.
- In regards to Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon, Raanan says there’s no way the Giants are drafting him after the Josh Brown situation last year.
- Raanan considers Michigan State DT Malik McDowell and FSU RB Dalvin Cook to be unlikely first-round picks for the Giants as well.
- Raanan expects the Giants to add one or more offensive tackles in the draft and free agency in the next month or so.
- However, he still expects Ereck Flowers to be the favorite to start at left tackle, even though he won’t be guaranteed a starting job.
- According to Raanan, the chances of free agent DT Johnathan Hankins returning to the Giants are around 60 percent or so.
- While the Jets could use cornerback help, Rich Cimini mentions that trading for Richard Sherman would “contradict everything they’ve done this offseason.“
- Cimini points out that the Jets have clearly been focused on getting younger and cheaper this offseason, so trading assets for a veteran cornerback like Sherman wouldn’t make much sense for them.
- As of now, the Jets are at 82 players on their roster, which means they’ll have to make some cuts after the draft once they start signing undrafted free agents.
- Rich Tandler writes that linebackers Will Compton, Mason Foster and Zach Brown are locks to make the 53-man roster while Martrell Spaight is likely to do so as well.
- Tandler points out that Washington kept five inside linebackers last year on their roster, but it’s possible that they may reduce this down to four this season.
- With this in mind, Chris Carter, Zach Vigil, and Steven Daniels could end up fighting for one roster spot this summer, according to Tandler.